Join Tom McCook for his Mentorship Program, designed for Pilates educators and instructors-in-training! The intention of Tom's Mentorship Program is to help you build momentum, refine and develop your skills and abilities as a Pilates educator. His commitment is to support your well-being and confidence in our ever-changing world.
This is a bundle of both 4-part courses recorded in Winter and Spring 2021. Recorded sessions include a centering warm up, an embodiment lesson, a movement/teaching concept related to Mat-based practices, and a Q & A to round out each session. Suggested practice in between sessions is also included.
1. Core activation series
2. How to teach and upgrade biomechanics of the hips, pelvis and spine using the Franklin Method
3. Refined understanding to perform & teach flexion and extension exercises
4. Biomechanics of the pelvis, legs and feet in footwork with small props, lunging, squatting
5. Shoulder girdle and rotation of the spine biomechanics and embodiment: Corrective exercises for the shoulder girdle and spine
6. Franklin ball exercises for the feet, pelvis, hip flexors & lower spine
Tom's style of teaching is an integration of his 35+ year journey and long-time study, practice and teaching of Pilates, Franklin Method, Somatics, Life Coaching, CoreAlign, Yoga, Body Therapy, Fitness Training and Meditation. Also, running a successful studio since 1997 with his co-owner and lovely wife Karen deMoor. Tom shares what he believes is most relevant to support you in effectively helping others to move well and take care of their health and resilience.
What You Get:
- Access to both recorded series for 16 weeks
- Class Handouts
- Coaching questions and homework